How can therapy benefit me?
As my clients often say to me, "I think everyone should have a therapist!" Therapy is a great gift to "Self." In participating in therapy, you create a physical space in time and place that is exclusively yours. Our work together can provide you with support, problem-solving skills, and enhanced coping strategies for issues related to depression, anxiety, grief, and feeling stuck. You may want to gain insight into your relationship dynamics with a significant other, your family members, your colleagues or other important people in your life. You may choose to focus on managing or alleviating the stress in your life or the creative blocks that you face. Often clients choose to engage in strategies that facilitate greater clarity about what they truly want to experience in their lives and the barriers that hinder them from making that happen. Therapy provides a wonderful opportunity to be encouraged, supported, "mirrored", "joined" and to have your process "witnessed." In therapy you can expect to experience many of the following:
- Greater clarity and understanding of yourself, your goals and values
- Increasing your relationship satisfaction
- Learning about your communication styles, "love languages," and personality type in relationships
- Understanding work place dynamics and leadership styles
- Enhancing Leadership skills
- Developing strategies and skills designed to resolve the concerns that led you to seek therapy
- Learning ways to alleviate stress and anxiety and gaining a greater sense of ease and flow
- Developing a "Mindful Action Plan"
- Managing anger, grief, depression, and other emotional pressures
- Improving communication and active listening skills
- Addressing Attention issues
- Developing "Sleep Hygiene" strategies to address sleep concerns
- Increasing your awareness of the behavior and thought patterns that you may be repeating
- Learning new ways of responding to these thoughts and behaviors
- Improving your self-esteem and increasing your self-confidence
Do I really need therapy? I can usually handle my problems.
We frequently find ourselves managing a multitude of tasks and roles simultaneously -- all in the midst of challenging life situations. Family and friends can provide great comfort as members of our inner circle. Therapy provides additional resources for gaining support and insight as you face the challenges, twists and turns that life brings. Therapy may provide fresh perspectives and inspiring insights. Just as we often enslist the support of a personal trainer for sculpting and achieving the shape we desire to be in, therapy offers goal directed support and guidance in creating the life we desire to live.
What can I expect in session?
Within session, you'll have an opportunity to discuss your current concerns and your goals for working together. Our work can be flexible in offering a calming space when life seems unmanageable or a motivating force when life feels static. I work from a strengths oriented perspective that honors your pace and acknowledges your strengths. I offer a compassionate presence and enjoy enlisting humor in our work. We'll work collaboratively to get you where you want to be.
In terms of logistics, therapy sessions can vary in length, but are generally 55 minutes. The duration of work can vary as well, depending on what you set out to achieve. Our work can be short term to address a specific issue, or can be longer term to address patterns that have become prohibitive to your enjoyment in your life, career and relationships. Often, to start, we'll schedule sessions weekly. But, we'll tailor the frequency of sessions to your specific needs. Ultimately, our goals will include you bringing what you learn in session back into your daily life.
Considering Medication vs. Therapy?
I am a firm believer and advocate for achieving sustainable growth and a greater sense of well-being with an integrative approach to wellness. Therapy, exercise, nutrition, meditation, stress management, spirituality, creativity and your social network all play important roles in wellness and balance. Occasionally, medication in combination with therapy can also provide a viable course of action to addressing mental, emotional and attention difficulties. Working in conjunction with your Medical Doctor, we can determine the best course of action for your needs.
Do you accept Insurance?
I am a Preferred Provider for BCBS, PPO, and thus, considered "in network" for BCBS, PPO. I am also happy to work with you as an out-of-network provider if you have a carrier other than BCBS, PPO or prefer to pay out of pocket.
Therapy services may be covered in-full or in-part by your health insurance carrier or employee benefit plan.
I recommend that you contact your Insurance Carrier and check your coverage carefully. Below, you'll find a list of specific questions to ask your Member Services Department. These questions will assist you in teasing out the specifics of your coverage and your carrier's expectations of you regarding your financial responsibilities for services. The phone number for Member Services is usually found on the back of your insurance card.
Questions to ask your carrier:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- What are my "in-network" and "out-of-network" mental health benefits for "in-office individual therapy"? How do my in-network and out-of-network benefits differ?
- Is there a pre-existing waiting period for these benefits?
- Is there a pre-authorization requirement?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session? Is there a co-pay or co-insurance responsibility?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
- Is an LCPC a covered provider?
- Are the CPT codes 90837 and 90791 covered?
Once we have this information, you'll be equipped to make an informed decision regarding services.
What are your Rates?
$250.00 per evaluation session (CPT code 90791)
$180.00 per 55-minute session (CPT code 90837)
Letters, Reports, Emails and phone contacts that are not covered by insurance will be charged directly to you for each 15 minute increments of service.
What forms of Payment do you accept?
Cash and all major credit cards accepted for payment.
What is your Cancellation Policy?
I respectfully require 48 hours notice for the cancellation and rescheduling of all appointments. With less than 48 hours notice or missed appointments, you will be charged the full cost of the session time reserved for you.
Questions? If you'd like more information or are ready to schedule an appointment, please feel free to contact me! I'm honored and happy to help!!